Shot on location, The Big Lift is a reenactment of the Berlin Airlift of 1948. After the Russians decide to blockade West Berlin and no supplies can reach the area via land or water, the US Air Force and other allies steps in to bring food and fuel to the inhabitants via air in spite of dangerous flying conditions. The film follows the adventures of a C-54 flight engineer (Montgomery Clift) and an air traffic controller (Paul Douglas) as they participate in the effort.
Ähnliche Artikel in diesem Blog:
- American-German History Fun Fact: The Traffic Towers in New York and Berlin
- VLOG#8 – Berlin (October 2011)
- HD 1080p Boeing 737-800NGX Air-Berlin Landing@ EDDF/Frankfurt/Main Germany
- Berlin History 1 – Dangerous Ideas 1 of 4 – Matt Frei BBC Documentary Series
- Berlin History 4 – Dangerous Ideas 4 of 4 – Matt Frei BBC Documentary Series